06 Mar '12, 6pm

British Court Says ISP Have To Pay 25% Of Costs Identifying & Running Appeals Board For File Sharers

According to the guardian.co.uk , A U.K. Court of Appeals has held that ISPs will need to pay 25% of costs associated with establishing and running an appeals body for alleged file sharers. “ISPs will now be forced to pay 25 percent of all “qualifying” costs related to establishing and operating an appeals body for alleged file sharers and pay 25% of costs related to identifying alleged file sharers. “Ofcom, a U.K.-based communications regulator, will pay the remaining 75 percent of the costs.” “Today’s ruling now paves the way for the U.K.’s Digital Economy Act to be enforced across the country. The Act, which was ready to be implemented nearly two years ago if not for the ISPs’ appeals, requires providers to disconnect subscribers from their broadband service if they’re found guilty of illegal filesharing.”

Full article: http://www.thedomains.com/2012/03/06/british-court-says-i...

Tweets

File: HAML_REFERENCE:

haml-lang.com 07 Mar '12, 3pm

Square brackets follow a tag definition and contain a Ruby object that is used to set the class and id of that tag. The cl...

File: HAML_REFERENCE:

haml-lang.com 11 Mar '12, 6am

Square brackets follow a tag definition and contain a Ruby object that is used to set the class and id of that tag. The cl...

@ManuelBieh #SASS

sass-lang.com 09 Mar '12, 12pm

Whether an error in the Sass code should cause Sass to provide a detailed description within the generated CSS file. If se...